Thursday 12 October 2017

Sea of Pain


'Sea of Pain' was written in 1983 and recorded in 2017.
A calm ship, a willing and warm ship,
To guide me over the Fall,
To contend with trouble and turbulence
And an ocean at war with us all,
To squeeze through they eye of the hurricane
When my fortitude falter and fail
And even the keel when hell's furies prevail
And pale sensibilities quail.

A living ship with a valorous host
To chart the unthinkable course,
Through straight and narrow of impossible draught
To the end of the rainbow's source,
Sounding sounds I never heard
In waters of legend and mystery,
Conjuring dreams and Wonderland scenes
Underplayed in a history.

Applauding my timid decisions,
As their critical sense they subdue,
Reading my fear as prudence
And my tears as the salt sea dew,
I am borne to great heights by St. Elmo's best
On shoulders of derring-do,
Exalted and winning, in spite of myself,
By the grace of an Argonaut crew...

No comments:

Post a Comment